The client is one of the largest telecom companies in India with a few hundred million subscribers. The client needed an end-user facing website that can be used to showcase engaging and informative content. A robust CMS platform was envisaged to display information regarding the latest plans, offers and content for customers. The company needed a technology provider who could develop the core enterprise content management system along with additional functionality so that the user experience remains seamless.
Following are key challenges in developing and delivering the SharePoint based solution:
- Implementing auto-suggest, listen, preview and activate across 15+ caller tunes.
- Integrating with to provide seamless services to customers. For example, when customers raise a DND request online, a corresponding internal service request is to be automatically created.
- Data exchange and integration with heterogeneous enterprise platforms.
- Ensuring in short notice that the corporate website meets all telecom regulatory compliance requirements.
- Deploying a completely secure load balanced system to handle heavy loads of web traffic.
- The enterprise content management system was built on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and subsequently migrated to SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.
- In addition to following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 guidelines, the corporate website was designed to be user-friendly and to provide the relevant circle-specific content to the users.
- Rigorous vulnerability analysis using third party tools to ensure compliance with strict internal security guidelines.
- EAI integration to fetch user specific data like recharge balance, postpaid plan etc.
All content updates on the website can be done without any dependency on the IT team. Significant numbers of caller tunes activated every month via the website.
Data on recharge denominations and caller tunes was made available via APIs for third party consumption.
Responsive website designed for seamless information discovery.
The website features in the top 3 organic web results for highly sought-after keywords related to the telecom domain.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- SQL Server
- Adobe Analytics
- EAI integration to store leads into CRM
- Burp Suite
- Siebel CRM integration