The client is one of the leading insurance providers in Thailand with offices in Hong Kong, Macau, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. The client’s insurance offerings include life, medical & general insurance products. The client serves around 1.2 million customers. The client envisaged launching a new experiential website that could be used for engaging site visitors by providing informative content based on their interests. Apart from allowing for easy addition of articles; news and event information, the new website required implementing a customer journey that involved enquiring about the user’s interest in insurance products and capturing of the demographic data to assess insurance needs. The user data captured on the website had to be sent over to the CRM application for further analysis and retargeting of the customers.
At a high level, the CMS application needed to deliver on CX goals such as increased customer satisfaction and conversion rates as well as business goals around reduction of operating costs for technical support and resolution services.
Following were some of the critical business needs:
- Multilingual CMS application with an ability to personalize the user journey and allow users to register for insurance products.
- Capture customer details and run targeted campaigns for members.
- Tie in rewards and promotions to campaigns for users on completion of specified activities, for e.g. providing interests and insurance needs in the system with coupons.
- Extract the data from CMS application and integrate with the existing CRM for further insights.
- Integration of the leads captured in the system with their existing call center application.
- Since the client was operating in multiple countries, country-specific websites were hosted on the same Sitecore instance. The new website had to leverage the existing Sitecore version (8.0) to achieve the personalization requirements.
- Implementing a custom UX design for the website to focus on the customer experience, and make it fast and easy for web visitors to find relevant product information.
- Implementing personalization requirements to address audiences ranging from wellness aficionados to insurance users.
- Supporting a complex technology stack— the current environment was multi-site & multilingual with region specific websites.
- Keeping information consistent and current across websites by establishing a central repository for all product information.
- Taking advantage of web marketing opportunities, and reducing the time spent on web production and content management for internal teams.
- Delivering optimal and consistent brand experience across regions.
- Implementing data exchange with existing internal applications like CRM & Call Center applications in a secure manner
The client needed a way to deliver more relevant user experiences based on the user’s needs and location, while streamlining the web publishing process and removing the dependency on IT service requests.
The team at PennyWise studied the requirements and recognized that personalization capabilities would be critical for the client at the initial launch and into the future. The Sitecore Experience platform was used to develop the website as it provides the functionality needed to address the key requirements including best-in-class visual design and IA, personalization of content delivery, user-friendly content and publishing.
The website was developed in two phases with the first phase involving integrating the custom responsive HTML designs and the second phase leveraged Sitecore personalization features to increase the relevance of content delivered based on browsing behavior. Publishing time-sensitive content was also made easier using Sitecore XP.
At the end of the second phase, the client started to optimize the site for conversions and profile tracking. Macro and micro conversions were mapped for Engagement Value, to leverage Sitecore Path Analyzer to show which areas of the site needed focus and optimization. Content authors and supervisors used Sitecore Path Analyzer to identify drop-off points in the site to identify improvements in navigation and information architecture.
Throughout the process, PennyWise worked closely with the client's Marketing and IT teams giving the best mix of consultative guidance and hands-on experience for implementing the website. A/B testing and Federated Experience Manager are currently in the planning stages to fine-tune the user experience moving forward.
Following are some of the highlights of the solution -
- Installed, configured and implemented Solr search for Sitecore and MongoDB installation for xDB.
- Followed the Helix guidelines and naming conventions strictly to prevent the conflicts with other sites in the same instance.
- Used Sitecore WFFM to provide facility for the marketers to create custom web forms to run campaigns.
- Implemented the website such that Sitecore personalization features could be leveraged to show relevant content.
- Assisted in creating Sitecore goals to monitor the review checkpoints in custom journey.
- Extended the Sitecore experience analytics framework and developed custom module to export required xDB data into the CRM.
- Integration with Amazon SMS API for validating the user mobile number.
- Once a lead is captured on the website, the system calculates the premium and generates the quote on the fly in a pdf format and sends this as an email to the user.
- The captured lead details are then pushed to their call centre API for the offline processing and lead follow up.
Increased site visits with reduction in number of clicks required to find key services and product information.
Streamlined content authoring and publishing process, allowing business users to publish their own content instead of relying on IT for content updates
Launched a robust experiential portal in 120 days, including the implementation of Sitecore and migration of content.
Successful and smooth transition to a business user publishing environment.
- Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP)
- Sitecore® Path Analyzer
- Sitecore® Path Analyzer
- Custom Module to extract data from Sitecore xDB
- Sitecore® Federated Experience Manager (FXM)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Apache SOLR
- .NET Framework 4.5
- ASP.Net MVC 5.1
- C# language
- HTML5 / CSS3