Our client is one of the leading insurance providers in Thailand with offices in Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. The client’s insurance offerings include life, medical & general insurance products. The client serves around 1.2 million customers.
Our client envisaged launching a new experiential website that could be used for engaging site visitors by providing informative content based on their interests. Apart from allowing for easy addition of articles; news and event information, the new website required
At a high level, the CMS application needed to deliver on CX goals such as increased customer satisfaction and conversion rates as well as business goals around
Following were some of the critical business needs:
- Multilingual CMS application with ability to personalize the user journey and allow users to register for insurance products.
- Capture customer details and run targeted campaigns for members.
- Tie in rewards and promotions to campaigns for users on completion of specified activities for e.g.
providinginterests and insurance needs in the system with coupons.
- Extract the data from CMS application and integrate with existing CRM for further insights.
- Integration of the leads captured in the system with their existing call
Below were some of the challenges faced:
- Since the client was operating in multiple countries, country specific websites were hosted on the same Sitecore instance. The new website had to leverage the existing Sitecore version (8.0) to achieve the personalization requirements.
- Implementing a custom UX design for the website to focus on the customer experience, and make it fast and easy for web visitors to find relevant product information
- Implementing personalization requirements to address audiences ranging from wellness aficionados to insurance users.
- Support a complex technology stack— the current environment was multi-site & multilingual with region specific websites.
- Keeping information consistent and current across websites by establishing a central repository for all product information.
- Taking advantage of web marketing opportunities, and reduce time spent on web production and content management for internal teams.
- Delivering optimal and consistent brand experience across regions.
- Implementing data exchange with existing internal applications like CRM & Call Center applications in secure way.
The client needed a way to deliver more relevant user experiences based on the user’s needs and location, while streamlining the web publishing process and removing the dependency on IT service requests.
The team at
The website was developed in two phases with the first phase involving integrating the custom responsive HTML designs and the second phase leveraged Sitecore personalization features to increase the relevance of content delivered based on browsing behavior. Publishing time-sensitive content was also made easier using Sitecore XP.
At end of second phase, the client started to optimize the site for conversions and profile tracking. Macro and micro conversions were mapped
Throughout the process,
Following are some of the highlights of the solution
- Installed, configured and implemented Solr search for Sitecore and MongoDB installation for
- Followed the Helix guidelines and naming conventions strictly to prevent the conflicts with other sites in the same instance.
- Used Sitecore WFFM to provide
facilityfor the marketers to create custom web forms to run campaigns.
- Implemented the website such that Sitecore personalization features could be leveraged to show content that is relevant.
- Assisted in creating Sitecore goals to monitor the review checkpoints in custom journey.
- Extended the Sitecore experience analytics framework and developed custom module to export required
xDBdata into the CRM.
- Integration with Amazon SMS API for validating the user mobile number.
- Once a lead is captured on the website, the system calculates the premium and generates the quote on the fly in a pdf format and send this as an email to the user.
- The captured lead details are then pushed to their call
centreAPI for the offline processing and lead follow up.
- Increased site visits with reduction in
numberof clicks required to find key services and product information.
- Streamlined content authoring and publishing
process allowingbusiness users to publish their own content instead of relying on IT for content updates.
- Launched a robust experiential portal in 120 days, including the implementation of Sitecore, migration of content, and transition to a business user publishing environment.
- Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP)
- Sitecore® Path Analyzer
- Sitecore® Path Analyzer
- Custom Module to extract data from Sitecore
- Sitecore® Federated Experience Manager (FXM)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Apache SOLR
- NET Framework 4.5
- ASP.Net MVC 5.1
- C# language
- HTML5 / CSS3